It’s the time of the year when the light starts to return, today and for the next two days the sun will stand still and then the daylight hours will start to be longer. It is the return of the SUN.
This is a time to celebrate the light. A time when everyone appears to be in good spirits, or tries to be despite what might be going on in their lives. Some celebrate this time as christmas, some as yuletide, some as kwanza, for me it is Solstice. Whatever it is for you, ensure you have a great time and look after yourself. How can you do this? Here are some really helpful and practical suggestions.
1. Spend time with people you love
2. Do not feel pressured to spend time with people who are toxic (that includes family)
3. Ask yourself, will I be able to enjoy myself without feeling triggered?
4. Is spending time with certain family members going to enhance my happiness?
5. Do I need to buy a gift just for the sake of it, even though I cannot really afford it?
6. Do I really need to buy and eat all that food?
7. Am I doing this just because it’s the status quo, yet it no longer feels aligned with my soul?
At this time remember that not everyone is going to feel merry and happy. Some will feel totally isolated and lonely, some will be full of grief, some are homeless without much hope and some will be at the end of their tether especially with world events. Spare a thought for these ones, reach out, say a prayer, light a candle, lend a helping hand and smile; sometimes a warm smile can make a difference in someone’s life.
MERCURY IN RETROGRADE
We are also in the shadow period of Mercury going retrograde. Don’t panic! Just remember to slow things down, hopefully, you may have time off your usual routine over the holidays. Use this time to:
Yes, all the Re words come into play here. The more we align ourselves with the planetary movements the easier the flow of life becomes, remember we are part of the universe and we are connected to all things.
This will be my last blog for this year so I would like to wish you all the very best for 2023. Thank you to all my beautiful clients who are dedicated to themselves and their healing, my subscribers and all who support the work I do. I will be taking some much needed time away so that I can recuperate and revitalise myself for 2023. I love and appreciate you all. Stay blessed, be loving and empathic and I will see you next year.